The following are the policies for the Suzuki Violin Mesa & Burdick Violin Studios. You may download the policies below:
1. Payment is due at the first lesson of the month. Or, if sent by mail, during the week of the first lesson of the month. Cash, checks, Venmo or Paypal are acceptable. Please mail to: Margaret Burdick 8425 E. Ingram Cir Mesa AZ 85207. If payment is received after the 10th of the month, there will be a $10 late fee. There will also be a fee of $25 for NSF checks, or “bounced” checks.
2. The time scheduled for each student’s lesson is reserved for his or her exclusive use; rescheduling is not guaranteed. Notification by the student that they are unable to attend a private lesson does not excuse payment for the lesson, which must be paid for, whether taken or missed. A 48 hour or more notice is expected on any cancellation other than illness.
3. Students are required to follow the Studio’s calendar for the duration of the school year, from August until the end of May. The Studio’s breaks may or may not line up with your school schedule, but you are responsible to follow our schedule.
4. Students may ‘trade’ lesson times upon mutual agreement. In order to confirm with the teacher, both parties must send an e-mail to Burdickviolin@gmail.com at least 5 hours before the first lesson of the trade. A master schedule is available on the calendar page.
5. When available and applicable, weekly group lessons are mandatory.
6. Students are expected to practice at least 5 days per week.
7. Either the student/parent or the teacher may initiate termination of lessons with 30 days notice. Student is required to pay for private and group lessons for the duration of the 30 day notice period.
8. If a student enrolls in weekly group classes, they are responsible for continuing through the entire semester. If a student drops out of private lessons, they are required to pay for group classes for the duration of the semester.
9. Neatness is expected. Students are required to come to lessons with hands washed, and nails trimmed, Gum chewing is not permitted during violin/viola lessons.
10. One public recital will be held each year. All children are expected to participate, and all adult students are invited to participate.